The Alliance for a Fairer
The Alliance for a Fairer Retirement System is a group formed to represent millions of senior Australians, shareholders, self-funded retirees and those planning a sustainable retirement, including over one million members of self-managed super funds. The Alliance was formed in response to Labor’s proposal to disallow refunds of excess franking credits for a range of retirees and shareholders. The Alliance’s focus is to explore options to fix problems with the existing superannuation taxation, Age Pension means testing and broader retirement income systems.
Help us take action against Labor's proposed franking credit policy
We urge you to take action against the current threat of Labor's proposed franking credit tax change and have drafted a letter for you to send to your local Member of Parliament or Senator. You can find this letter and the instructions on our Our Voice page. If you are passionate about this issue and wish to send a message to your local Member of Parliament or Senator, support us by taking action now.
The organisations that form the Alliance include:
- The Australian Shareholders’ Association
- Australian Listed Investment Companies Association
- National Seniors Australia
- SMSF Association
- Self-managed Independent Superannuation Funds Association
- Stockbrokers & Financial Advisers Association
- Association of Independent Retirees
- Australian Investors Association
- Association of Financial Advisers
The Alliance’s spokesperson is Professor Deborah Ralston.
Click here to read Professor Ralston’s bio